- KINDNESS, noun
Good will; benevolence; that temper or disposition which delights in contributing to the happiness of others, which is exercised cheerfully in gratifying their wishes, supplying their wants or alleviating their distresses; benignity of nature. kindness ever accompanies love.
There is no man whose kindness we may not sometime want, or by whose malice we may not sometime suffer. — Noah Webster Dictionary (1828)
- “A kind word never broke anyone’s mouth.” — Irish Proverb
- “No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted.” — Aesop
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” — Princess Diana
- “Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” — Mark Twain
- “The best portion of a good man’s life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.” — William Wordsworth
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” — Oscar Wilde
- “The virtuous woman opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” — Proverbs 31
- “If you can’t say anything kind, don’t say anything at all.” — My Mother
8 thoughts on “Ten Thoughts To Remember About Kindness”
- Laura Crumm| September 19, 2016 at 9:11PM
Great words of wisdom.
* Kindness costs nothing. Everybody can afford it; even the very poorest.
*Give away kindness and it comes right back to you.
*Giving kindness makes a healthy body & mind.
– Your niece
- Mrs. A.| September 19, 2016 at 9:25PM
Hey there! Thanks for commenting. Those are great quotes, too. Kindness really does make a difference when you “give it away” to others.
- Lynn| September 19, 2016 at 10:42PM
Terrific post. I love the quotes.
- Mrs. A.| September 19, 2016 at 11:09PM
Thanks, Lynn. I hope you’ll stop by often.
- Wanda @ Just Vintage| September 20, 2016 at 8:14AM
Beautiful post! We never know when our simple act of kindness, even just a passing smile, will touch someone in a special way.
- Mrs. A.| September 20, 2016 at 8:38AM
So true, Wanda!
- Betty Powell| September 23, 2016 at 2:41PM
Mrs. A, These quotes are so true, and we are wise to keep them in mind, especially in this ugly atmosphere we have with the presidential election. Kindness would be so welcome.
Some wise thought from a wise woman.
- JD at ThirdShiftVintage.com| September 23, 2016 at 2:59PM
Thank you for sharing these quotes! A little bit of kindness, goes a long long way!